IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ
FORWARD TO RECEIVING PERSONNEL
RECEIVING SHIPMENTS - GUIDELINES
If no damage or suspicion of damage is noted on a Delivery Receipt at the time of delivery, damage responsibility is removed from the carrier and any damage replacement costs are transferred to you, the customer.
WHEN RECEIVING SHIPMENTS
Each palletized shipment includes photos printed on the outside pallet label showing the receiving party the exact condition the skid left our facility.
- Count the number of pallets and/or pieces delivered.
- Check pallets and pieces for any sign of damage or rough treatment. Look for:
- crumpled corners, top, bottom & sides
- dented or torn boxes
- torn stretch wrap
- broken wooden skid
- signs of re-packaging during transit
- Compare to receiving documents before signing.
- Sign "Clear" if no issues are found.
WHEN DAMAGE IS FOUND
- If a camera is available, take pictures of the shipment.
- List all actual damages
- Keep all damaged items and packaging in case the carrier requires future inspection.
- Sign the delivery receipt in one of the three ways outlined below.
- "Received Short" and note how many skids or pieces are missing; (see 1 above)
- "Visible Damage" - Pending Further Inspection" and detail the damages to items that can be seen;
- "Possible Damage" - Pending Inspection" and note the reason for the suspicion (crumpled corners, etc.); OR
TO REPLACE OR CREDIT DAMAGED ITEMS
- Call 800-576-7577
- Notify customer service of a damage claim.
- Have your order number to reference.
If the Delivery Receipt is noted as specified above, replacements will be shipped as soon as possible and usually at no additional replacement or freight expense to the customer. If no damage notation was made but hidden damages are later discovered, these must be reported within 5 days of delivery. Cost of replacement or reimbursement will be decided on a case-by-case basis.
- Timely claims are essential, the longer the damage goes unreported, the less chance a claim will be paid.
- After 10 days, a claim will NOT be considered.
- If items were shipped on a customer-specified carrier, collect or 3rd party bill, damage claims are the customer's responsibility.
- Damage replacements will be processed as a new order.
Midwest Retail Services and our manufacturers take exceptional care in packing our products for shipment. The vast majority of shipments arrive at their destination with no damages; but if damage does occur, noting that damage (actual or possible) along with any other discrepancy at the time of arrival, is essential for the favorable settlement of a damage claim.
We appreciate your assistance in collecting any required information pertaining to a damage claim.